We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Apple Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

kindle ipad

bendigo

Likes # 0

Has anyone got for and against views on the amazon kindle ipad book reader?

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

FE reckons that the Kindle is the best thing since sliced bread.

I assume that by referring to it as the 'amazon kindle ipad', without any punctuation, that you are referring to its shape rather than comparing the Amazon Kindle with the iPad.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

There is no such thing as a "Kindle iPad Book reader"

You can either buy and use an Amazon Kindle to read books or use the Kindle app on an iPad.

Personally, I find the Kindle to be better for reading books than using the iPad to do so. My reason is the brightness of the iPad's screen (yes, I know you can turn it down) gives me a headache after about an hour. Also, the Kindle is much easier to read outside in the sunshine because the screen is nowhere near as refeective as the iPad's

Like this post
bendigo

Likes # 0

My question was asking about the plus and minus points of the amazon kindle as a book reader. I am not interested in any other appliance. Question for wee eddie,pardon my ignorance but who or what is FE?

Like this post
onionskin

Likes # 0

The big minus is not being able to borrow books from public libraries, but that is coming in the US later this year see here. No news of when we'll get it in the UK.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

bendigo, FE is the Forum Editor, scourge of Spammers and general font of a staggering amount of knowledge. So much knowledge that I sometimes wonder if he manages on just one brain like the rest of us.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

"My question was asking about the plus and minus points of the amazon kindle as a book reader"

So why include the word iPad in your question (twice)?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I was confused about Kindle Apps at first. I have downloaded the App for Windows PC so that I can try out the Kindle Books before I decide whether or not to buy a Kindle. Yes, a 'proper' Kindle is better to read from than a desktop pc, but I had to start somewhere... ;)

I suggest you try out the free App for the iPad and then decide if you want/need the better screen that you get with a 'proper' Kindle.

Kindle Apps, download free Applications for Your PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, or Android Phone so you can read Kindle books without buying a Kindle (Download and read Kindle books--no Kindle required) more info on Amazon site

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia