We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Graphics Card help

jroper

Likes # 0

I recently bought a new computer for online gaming. I'm not liking the graphics card that has come with it. I'm not to clued up on computers, so please be patient with me.

I'm looking to get a " strong textGigabyte Radeon HD 4770 512 MB Dual DVI with TV OUT "

Is this compatible with my computers and if so, is it better than the one I have currently? I play an online game called Planetside, so its all about the FPS.

Your advice would be much appreciated.

[1]:

Like this post
jroper

Likes # 0

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo169/JRoper321/Untitled-10.png

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

What is the make/model of your new PC?

Like this post
jroper

Likes # 0

It's a ZOOStorm

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Thats the make,what about model? Can you find it here?Zoostorm

Like this post
jroper

Likes # 0

It's not on there sorry..

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo169/JRoper321/Untitled-10.png

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Does it not have a sticker on it ,probably on the back which will have the model name/number. What is your budget for the graphics card as the one you have chosen would not be my first choice.Though it will work in your PC.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

You don't say waht your present graphics card is. How is one to know the one you intend to buy is better????

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Despite what you have said about the PC being new, I have to assume that you bought it Second Hand as, had you bought it new, you would have lots of pieces of paper telling you what Model you had bought.

Download this Belarc and it will tell you what you have inside. Then you can pass the details on to us. From memory, Zoostorm was bought by Dell a couple of years back and is used, by them, to brand their Gaming Computers. So you should have a pretty capable machine of whatever vintage

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...