We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Replaced PSU but cant start up pic's included.

Bill8

Likes # 0

Im replacing an old broken OCZ600SXS2-UN OCZ 600 WATT psu with a new one. The manual explained what connectors went in the mother board but said to read my hdd/dvd/floppy manuals to connect the rest.

I think i put the connectors in wrong since when i try and start it up i get two beeps off the motherboard and the monitor wont switch on. When i turn it off it turns off almost instantly.

Below is some photos of inside my computer to help. http://s1101.photobucket.com/albums/g436/bish83/computer/?albumview=slideshow

P.S With the old OCZ psu it made a loud noise and i eventually stopped powering the monitor so im not sure if it didnt ruin any of the the working parts in the process.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 1

link text

Re-done pics for you, if this works!

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

To Post pics ..... highlight URL then Edit/Copy, then click on Globe with green arrow, then Paste URL into pop-up window. Then Post to the Thread.

Like this post
Bill8

Likes # 0

Not one person can help me?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Two beeps is normally an indication of Memory problem. Try re-seating the Mem Sticks, if more than one stick try each stick separately.

Like this post
Bill8

Likes # 0

Thanks, just double checking before i go back to fix the computer theres no problems with the connections right?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

If you connected using the Correct fitting plug to socket, then it should be okay but on newer motherboard CPU needs its own power plug, did you fit it? any missing plugs and its not going to start

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Plugs and Sockets are made to marry up with one another and should not have to be force fited

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

As per woodchip - PSU connections are not usually a problem, but 2 beeps is not unusual if memory has a problem.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Have you disturbed the Graphics card or not connected the PSU plug as some have one. two beeps can also be graphics problem

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July