We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Acronis

Liza

Likes # 0

Acronis software installs its Acronis drive in Disk drives in Device Manager that Acronis insists must remain there for when I want to back up. I have had 2 occasions when the drive disappeared. Happened when I was installing Vista as a second OS. When Acronis disappears I am not able to use the backed up program to restore my files resulting in having to reinstall from scratch. Has anyone experienced a similar problem, if so how did they resolve it please. Thanks, Liza

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

I do not use it like that, I just create Backup Images and put them on a External USB hard drive. These can be mounted like a Removable Drive so you can restore individual Files if needed in Windows Explorer. You can also use the Acronis CD to restore the Image by Booting with CD in the Drive

Like this post
Liza

Likes # 0

Really, I will try. Thanks Liza

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more