We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

BT mail problems

luggs48

Likes # 0

Hi all any help appriciated ? I have been using Microsoft Outlook for years to read my mail .I recently upgraded from office 2007 to 2010 , just before I upgraded I noticed I was getting problems accessing my BT mail it kept prompting me too put my correct username and password in ? Iam absolutly certain my details are correct. Ironically I use BTyahho as my homepage which has email access,and my email username and password works fine on BT Yahoo homepage. I even logged out of the homepage to see if it was conflicting with Outlook still the same prompt ? I rang BT help who remote accessed my machine and I thought this would be the end of this but again problem persisted . Another irony of this out of the blue it will suddenly work as it is at the moment no change of settings etc done by me then next day off again it has been like this for at least a month.

Iam running Windows 7 Pro I5 processor 8 gig memory .

Thanks

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

It sounds like a corrupt e-mail account. suggest you delete the account and set it up from scratch. then, if the problem persists I would think it`s a BT intermittent problem. I will ask a few of my BT customers if they are experiencing the same at the moment.

Meanwhile other forum members with BT may like to comment.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Not me, but I'm with Openworld and Outlook XP 2002, positively antediluvian, but clearing my cookies has sometimes helped in the past ~ CCleaner

Like this post
luggs48

Likes # 0

Hi thanks for the prompt reply , The reason of this post was most of all was to find out if this was a BT problem or was something to do with my account etc. I have changed my password on several occasions and still the problem persists. Any help appriciated thanks again.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger