We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

System Time

brindly
Resolved

Likes # 0

I am running XP with AVG Anti Virus. When I go in to update it is telling me that Anti Virus and Anti Spyware "daterbase outdated" I try fix all and to update idividually and it tells me they are updated but nothing changes. Then a message comes up with "your computer system time seems inaccurate. This may lead to false database up to dateness reporting. Please correct your system if possible" What does that mean and how do I do that?

• Tags:
  • pc
Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

What time is showing in the windows clock?

If you boot into BIOS (Setup) What time is the BIOS saying?

It is possible that your CMOS battery requires changing and the BIOS time needs setting correctly.

CMOS Battery http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article.php?id=81 http://www.liverepair.com/encyclopedia/articles/cmosreplace.asp

Like this post
brindly

Likes # 0

My computer is a Sony VGC V2Sall in one and there is no way I can get inside, even a local IT chap had problems once trying to fit a new disc drive. Thanks for the info but I think it is out of my league. If I am honest I don't really know what it is saying about boot up in setup mode.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 1

Reset the time in Windows to show the correct date and time then attempt to update your antivirus.

Like this post  
woodchip

Likes # 0

The Laptop Will Keep time if you leave it Plugged into the wall socket with Switch turned on, but Laptop Turned off. As it gets power through the Motherboard when connected like this, and overrides the BIOS Battery if its run down.

PS the BIOS battery may be in the same compartment as the Memory chips under a plate at the bottom of the Laptop

Like this post
brindly

Likes # 0

Thanks Woodchip but it is a desk top Sony all in one and as far as I can see there is no way in.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

1 Shut down the computer, unplug it, remove any peripheral devices.

2 Wait for the computer to cool down.

3 With the main unit's back panel facing you, slide the back panel up until you cannot go any further.As you slide the back panel up, a 'button' appears (middle of the back of your computer).

4 When you push this button, you can remove the back panel completely.

Like this post
brindly

Likes # 0

Oh no there isn't. No buttons, some screws but the IT engineer I used a couple of years ago took them out and it released nothing. I understand Sony won't release the information on how to open this model up. I have searched the internet and no manuals are available.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...