We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

word 2010 back to 2007

toonfireman1746

Likes # 0

I resently tried 2010 on trail, I had 2007 all ready. Its at the end of the trail period. I dont see any reason I need it and want to go back to 2007, I can not seem to do this, and I have some work in 2010 and it will not allow me to work on the file ie cut and paste. I need that work any idea how can get back to 2007 and not loose my work thanks

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Try these steps ClickHere

To remove the Office Professional 2010 trial included with installations of Office Home and Student 2010 or Office Home and Business 2010, follow these steps:

1. Open an Office application, such as Word.

2. Click the File tab.

3. Click Help.

4. Under Trial Product, find Microsoft Office Professional 2010 and then click Licensing Options.

5. Click Remove Trial.

Or you could use the 'fix it' utility ClickHere

After you remove the Office suite, you may attempt to reinstall Office 2007. Reinstall Office 2007 ClickHere Please read through all the links before you decide on your course of action. The last link is good as it has screenshots.

Word 2010 and Word 2007 are both .docx so you should be able to open them ok.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I am presuming you have either the CD or a saved download of Office 2007, and you have the product key.

Like this post
toonfireman1746

Likes # 0

I am presuming you have either the CD or a saved download of Office 2007, and you have the product key.

Think it was internet down load 2007 not to sure?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Try running Belarc Advisor (Free) it will tell you of any product/licence keys on your pc. Also if you downloaded from microsoft you will have an account and will be able to re-download office 2007.

Will have a look for more info on how to 'roll back to office 2007' and if it is possible. Going out now, will be back after tea.

Hopefully someone else who knows will post.

Like this post
toonfireman1746

Likes # 0

thanks, deleted it went back to 2003 which I am happy with ta

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Good, did you get the compatibility pack to open, edit, and save documents, workbooks, and presentations that were created in the newer versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint ClickHere

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more