We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

RTF

281apple

Likes # 0

If I sent a Word 2007 document (somewhat long) which I saved in Format RTF to my sister who only has Word 2003 on her computer, could she not only read it, but could she correct the text I sent to her?

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

There is a Tool that allows Office 2002/3 to read and edit 2007/10 Documents, unfortunately I can't find my link to it.

So you first try sending it as a Word Document and see what she makes of it.

In answer to your RTF question. Yes.

Like this post
281apple

Likes # 0

Thanks. I've already sent a few pages of Word 2007 to her and she can read it but can change anything on it. Since RTF will work, I'll send the entire document to her in RTF. Aprreciate your quick reply.

Like this post
Eric10

Likes # 0

From Word 2007 you also have the option to "Save As" Word 97-2003 Document (*.doc).

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Good thinking Eric10, spot on.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Office 2003 compatibility pack Download Details

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

If you sent it as a .rtf rich text format she will be able to open it OK

and also amend it as long as it is not sent as a read only file (she could right click - properties - untick read only if it is)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony PlayStation 5 release date, price and specs UK: When is the PS5 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

New Apple TV release date rumours, features: 'new Apple TV next week' rumour

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

How the Oculus Rift VR headset is helping train the surgeons of tomorrow