We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Google Earth

thumbscrew

Likes # 0

I'm using the latest Google Earth....6.03...2197, but I can't get Street View to function. All goes well until I drag the Pegman on top of the chosen street. (It's permanently on the left,not the right as I believe it should be), and then Earth immediately shuts down. Can anyone help?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Try a re-install, you might then get an option to do a Repair - or it may just do a full re-install.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Thanks Nontek but I've reinstalled a couple of times and I even went back to an earlier version.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Thanks 124,seems a common problem. I tried a few of the tips...still crashes. When the Pegman appears on the right side of the screen....as it used to with me, it works correctly. Somehow mine has moved to the left....ergo instant crash.

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

On Google Earth Toolbar Try Help/Help Resources which has a section on crashing browsers

•An outdated graphics card •An issue with DirectX or OpenGL •A corrupt myplaces.kml file that is crashing your system upon launch

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

This not the answer but I find that I rarely use Google Earth as Google Map does all I want including street view.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Many thanks everyone, I've tried various tweaks, reinstalls and alterations....all to no avail. However, Street View is available via any Browser, thus avoiding the need to persist with Earth which, seems to have some sort of a bug that Google seem unruffled about. Typing in "Google Maps" into your Browser, reveals Street View and it's also faster this way.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

What to expect from Apple in autumn/winter 2014: iPhone 6, iPhone Air, iWatch, iPad 6, new Apple...