We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Excel begins to print then fails

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

One of my flock has the following excel problem,

He writes

'*I cannot get a printout from EXCEL, printer is fine with everything else, websites/emails/Word but won't print from Excel.

Printer receives request/file and starts to print and then nothing, file is gone as if it has printed.'*

Any suggestions welcome.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Does it show up okay in Print Preview? if so has he tried printing from there?

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

Has he actually set a print area before he tries to print?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Does a blank/any piece of paper come out of the printer?

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Thank you so far for these responses

I have asked the questions you all put plus supplementary ones[such as press CTRL/P]

The answer is to those is No result to all of them.

As he states that other print order are normal I am beginning to suspect that it is Excel itself- I have asked him to tell me/us in what form it is.[part of MS Works or Office, and does he have disk for the same.

If he does that answer would be to reinstall. If 'Built in' as part of of his particular package with no disc, what would the next move be?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Which version of Excel - 2000, 2003, 2007 or 2010 or something else?

If Word prints then the indication is that Excel is at fault. There are repair options but this depends on the version and maybe the OS.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Which sheet is he trying to print?

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Among the supplementary 'Q's' mentioned I asked what version etc.,

I also suggested a Restore'

Awaiting response

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

I have discovered that the Excel program in use is v2007 and the O/S is Vista Is there a computability problem do you think?

.Doc changed to .Dox around this time in Word did it not?

Is there a similar issue in this case?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...