We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

MailWasher Type Application

Abel

Likes # 0

I’ve just changes my ISP from Orange to BT. My e-mails are normally first viewed using MailWasher Free, and downloaded as required. However, although I’ve notified everyone of my change of e-mail address, undoubtedly some will not have noted it and continue to use the old one. Now, MailWasher Free only allows screening of one ISP and I’m wondering if there’s a similar free product out there that will allow me to screen both of my e-mail addresses before downloading?

Like this post
peter99co

Likes # 0

For a small fee Mailwasher will operate multiple account. One off cost only.

Like this post
Abel

Likes # 0

Hello peter99co, if by a small cost you mean £19 or so, then thats far too much. But thanks for your input anyway.

Abel

Like this post
Kalitechnis

Likes # 0

Hi Abel,

I recommend you try Pop Peeper

I used to use Mailwasher, but switched to Pop Peeper some time ago, and wouldn't switch back. Multiple email accounts, notification of new emails, and ability to reply to emails make it a no-brainer.

Like this post
Kalitechnis

Likes # 0

I forgot to mention that it's freeware, and also can be portable.

Like this post
Proclaimer

Likes # 0

'For a small fee Mailwasher will operate multiple account. One off cost only.'

No longer a one off cost. It is now a yearly subscription.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

"No longer a one off cost. It is now a yearly subscription."

Getting ever more greedy methinks. Originally, the "free" version of Mailwasher supported multiple mailboxes, then later versions were restricted to one account. It became necessary to buy Mailwasher Pro to use multiple accounts. I still use Pro but the last time I tried to upgrade to the latest version, my registration code wasn't valid, I'd have to buy it again - no chance! I reverted to my existing version for which I still have the installer file. Now it seems a yearly cost is involved.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

See the festive spots creative companies have released for Christmas

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad