We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Epson D92 Printer problem

Duncanf
Resolved

Likes # 0

My trusted D92 has been giving me warning words recently regarding 'parts nearing end of life!' It now has stopped functioning with both the green start switch light and the amber printer light flashing horizontally, and a sign appeared saying they had now reached the end of their life! Is there anything I can do to ressurect my printer because it's been a great asset?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Haven't used this yet but have a look here.

Like this post
Duncanf

Likes # 0

Thanks rdave13. I've just been looking at that on a google search page! Will have a browse and see if I understand it (between babysitting)

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Give this a try Fix your own Printer

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

rdave13

Unfortunately the D92 isn't a supported printer in SSC so the Protection Counter option is greyed out. I know as I have one and the only available things available are the Ink Status and Head Cleaning options.

Like this post
Duncanf

Likes # 0

Thanks BT.....I noticed that it wasn't letting me choose 'Protection Counter' and thought I was missing something. Thanks too to wee eddie and I tried the 'Fix your own printer' earlier as well and got a few ideas but made no clear progress. Thanks again, though to all three.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

This is worth a try,

To reset the Internal Waste Ink Pad Counter Turn off the power. Turn it on again whilst holding down both the paper & ink buttons. When the paper light starts flashing, immediately release both buttons and then hold down the ink button for at least 10 seconds.

The printer should self-check and work normally again.

I'm assuming the 'paper' button is the on/off/maintenance button. From; here

Like this post
Duncanf

Likes # 0

Thanks again to rdave13 and all who suggested methods. I bit the bullet yesterday and got a new printer that used the same cartridges! My D92 served me well for its original price and was great value. Thank you all again.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...