We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Connect printer to BT Homehub 3

chub_tor
Resolved

Likes # 0

I recently changed to BT internet (probably a mistake in view of the fact that it took them a complete working week to provide me with an ADSL connection at an exchange that I had been connecting to fine for over 8 years - but that's another story) and received the new Home Hub 3 which has a USB socket on the back.

I had hoped to use this as a print server port but there seems to be little info out there about the HH3. I have tried the recommended settings for the HH2 with no luck and wondered if anyone knew if it could be achieved with the HH3

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Any help here?

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

rdave13 - Thanks for that link but the picture of the back that is shown is not the HH3 - it could be the HH2 but I'm not sure of that. I had found that link and tried those settings but unfortunately it didn't find my printer.

Any other suggestions welcomed.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

It looks as if you can't use this port for a printer,link

Like this post  
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Good link rdave13, wonder why I missed that one in my search. Thread now closed.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G vs Nokia Lumia 530 comparison: What's the best budget smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer