We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Outlook 2003 and Contacts

exdragon
Resolved

Likes # 0

I'm sure this is something really stupid: I have 2 Contact groups and after a Windows reformat, restored everything from the saved .pst file.

If I select the Contacts list in the folder on the left hand side of the page (Mail, Calendar, Contacts etc), both lists are there. However, when I compose a new email and click the drop down box in the 'To' field, only one list is shown. How can I get both lists to show? Similarly, if I select the Address Book on the main menu, again there is only one list.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

I think you have two address books in Outlook and only the primary one is shown. Here`s how to sort it: MS Knowledge Base You basically need to add both and then when you use e-mail "To" field you select the appropriate list from the drop down box.

Like this post  
exdragon

Likes # 0

Taff™ - many thanks, problem solved in one stroke!

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Or a few clicks! Think yourself lucky - I have 9 different Contact Lists only because most of them are variable based on membership lists or individual client contacts and I don`t want these mixed in with my general contacts. I would never be able to filter them quickly or indeed remember if an individual contact was still current!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Google Fit vs Apple Health Kit: What's the difference?

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

Government kills £50 million 'Silicon Roundabout' regeneration fund