We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PC screen aspect radio

ashleycardwell94

Likes # 0

I recently upgraded from a standard 4:3 pc screen via 1024 x 768. I have now moved to a 32" TV and as my graphics card doesn't pick up the tv as a tv, i have to put in my own resolution. Does anyone have a calculator or anyone with the same size screen?

My current res is: 1280:1200 does anyone have a calculator?

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

The TV's aspect ratio will be 16:9 so if the horizontal setting is 1280, the vertical equivalent would be 720, i.e. a resolution of 1280x720. Another possible setting is 1366x768.

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

Your TV user Manual should give you the correct resolution.

My 32" Samsung is set at 1920 X 1080

Like this post
ashleycardwell94

Likes # 0

MGMCC

Many different resoloutions fit but none of them look complete. IR, a 16:9 resoloution doesnt make circles appear as circles, and squares appear as rectangles.

BRYNIT

The manual states, and i quote

"The display has a maximum resolution of 1600 x 1200." I have gone through all of the resoloutions that my graphics card can provide ( NVIDIA GEFORCE 9600 GT ) and the tv and graphics card can support resoloutions in excess of 2000x----. I found the perfect resoloutoin, now the windows xp, and vista menu bar at the bottom look identical to a normal screen. Now operating at 1360 x 768

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015