We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

User Accounts

woodchip
Resolved

Likes # 0

What's the Point of a Administrator on a single user Home Laptop that cannot be accessed when needed. How Can I change this if I need to use it

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

PS in Run as Admin the Button is Grayed out to make changes

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

For XP click HERE

Like this post  
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

XP

Admin password. Do not have one. start > control panel > Administrative Tools > Local Security Policy > Security Options - scroll down to Recovery Console > Allow automatic administrative logon - set it to Enabled

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Looked everywhere but cannot find no passwords. It may be me barking up the wrong tree. will mark this as resolved. thanks for the help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ In XP home there is no Local Security Policy in Regedit, followed it as far as that

Sea Urchin It did not have an Administrator in Regedit, I created the Dword and it created one, will it make any difference as I am also classed as Admin. Do I need both

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon,...

IDG UK Sites

Why are people still buying satnavs? Smartphones are the modern satnav

IDG UK Sites

New Star Wars trailer: Watch the VFX-laden teaser for The Force Awakens

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers UPDATED