We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Intel P4 with HT or not !!

laika54

Likes # 0

Hi, im currently replacing my close to collapse amd system. but on a very tight shoe string using ebay.

Ive aquired a MSI P6N SLI mobo with nForce 650i SLI chipset. ive never built an intel system before, So I was wondering how a Intel P4 with HT would stand up?

I will be using: XP x86 home. 7900GS GPU (which i intend to replace soon) 2GB RAM (high spec) (also intend upping this to 4GBs soon)

main use is for Flight simulator FS2004/FS9, and Railworks 2

any help with this matter would be grateful.

Regards

Edward

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Your board supports A P4 HT is very old technology (approx 6yrs) Look for a Core 2 Quad to put in it instead

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...