We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Taskbar past items

MuDelta
Resolved

Likes # 0

How do I reactivate past items on my taskbar?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Please can you be more specific in what you mean.

Do you mean:

Quick Launch shortcut icon

Minimized open programs

Hidden inactive icons (icons that you have not clicked recently)

or icons at the left in system tray near the clock

In the meantime you may find some info in these results Google

Like this post
MuDelta

Likes # 0

I ma talking about icons at the left in system tray near the clock. Sorry I wasn't clearer. I hope the following helps. I am running XP Sp3.

In task bar and start menu properties under Past Items in the Customise Notifications window I mark some Past Items as Always Show but they don't show. I have done some googling and looked at some of the items you suggest with no result. Any ideas?

Like this post  
lotvic

Likes # 0

If marked as Always Show it will show next time you open the program associated with it and then icon will stay in the System Tray after you have closed the program. Which means you can rightclick on it to choose start up the program again instead of going through 'Start' > 'All Programs'

In each program there is also an option to choose to 'Show in system tray/notification area'

I prefer to Hide inactive icons as then they only show in system tray (notification area) when that program is open and active - Just my preference of course.

Like this post
MuDelta

Likes # 0

Thank lotvic that did it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Exclusive: Samsung exits laptop market including Chromebooks

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features