We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Lenovo B500 Upgrade capability

Uniquegirl

Likes # 0

I've had a Laptop for 7 years, but it's now past being capable of expanding. I have a budget of £500 and like the look of the Lenovo Ideacenter B500 but cannot find out about the upgrade capability of it for the future. Does it run on 32 or 64 bit operating system and can the processor ever be upgraded ? Can the RAM be expanded ? Also can I add an ESATA port for faster backup at some later point ? Any guidance on any, or all of these questions will be gratefully received, I don't want to spend £500 and find I need a new PC in four years because I didn't think ahead......BTW I use the Internet mainly, and store a lot of photographs and some music and videos, but as yet I'm not a gamer nor do I download a huge amount of additional programs, UniqueGirl

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

The only upgrage that can be made to such a PC is an increase in the RAM, even that might be slightly difficult on what I can see of that chassie. That is not strictly true, of course, but without a considerable knowlege and experience the others are impossible.

Read this Review

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad