We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New printer for elderly photographer

Diemmess

Likes # 0

An old friend new to computers 8 years ago, but a serious hobby photographer for most of his 89 years, was coaxed by his camera club members into an A3 Epson 1290 printer right at the beginning of his venture.

His 8 years old printer has died and he needs a replacement. He admits that he doesn't need an A3 printer, nor has he any use for an all-in-one. To his credit he has managed to use Photoshop to make presentation talks with sound and old transparencies

I still use an 870 of much the same age as his 1290, but my uses are very different from his, I keep mine for family and occasional record use, otherwise a mono laser is my printer If I know this man's interests, he is familiar with an inkjet, appreciates fuss free and good quality, but needs neither gizmos nor a large size of printer. He is well aware that if he wants a jumbo size print he can use the internet for a suitable printer.

Which printer is your recommendation for this man who is now almost housebound?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

And Epson for Photos still take some beating. but all in ones are very cheap as are wireless they all seem to be doing it

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Epson seem to have all the facilities for photos, and their all-in-one prices are not much different compared to the basic models. If you go the Epson route, then try the Epson on-line shop, because they do seem to have a number of occasional special offers, otherwise try Amazon.

Brother is not a bad printer, and if your are lucky, they may still have their 1 year warranty, increased to 3 years for free, if the printer is registered on-line within 30 days of purchase!.

I use both printers, for all purposes.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......