We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

graphic card update

andrewc2007

Likes # 0

Hi, I have upgraded a Compaq Presario SR1080UK XP edition to Win 7 and increased the RAM to 2 GB. I tried to play Chess Titans and found I could only get a basic version (no 3D ) and guessed this would down to the games card. I replaced the old card with a Radeon HD 4650 1GB DDR2 and on rebbot the card was recognised. However on restart the computer would not start properly. I have now put the old card back and everything is as it was before. Can anyone tell me if the new card is the correct one and if so have I followed the right procedures - if not can you please tell me what to do. Thank you in advance.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...