We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

trustworthy site?

geedad

Likes # 0

I have come across a website (vapidsoftware), selling OEM software at greatly reduced prices. Has any member bought from this site, and if so, are they trustworthy? geedad

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I have never bought from this site, but I do believe they have been tested by McAvee and found to be genuine.

Like this post
geedad

Likes # 0

Nontek Many thanks, seems too good to be true, but I will trust them. geedad

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Do you understand what OEM means? That is software to be installed on new systems. I can only find one page for a USA site. Is that the one? I cannot find an address or telephone number. What happens if there is a snag?

I wouldn't buy from them. If it seems too good to be true then it usually is.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Nothing I have found out about vapidsoftware would make me want to buy anything from it.

If you could actually copy and paste or give us a link to what they actually sell may help.

But at the moment I would keep my money in my pocket to be on the safe side.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

according to ClickHere vapidsoftware.com "receives 608 unique visitors per day, is worth $328 USD and generates $2 USD of income daily. It is given a rating of 27 out of 100, due to its low performance.. According to its IP address ... the server is hosted in Russian Federation..."

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Sounds like a no-no then.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

or even a no-no-no-never

Like this post
daz60

Likes # 0

All coming out of the Russian Fed,names and numbers here.

link text

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes