We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

TalkTalk's EchoLife HG520s router security

mojo2011

Likes # 0

Hello there, I wonder if anyone can help?

I'm trying to help some friends who have just noticed that their wireless network is unsecured.

I've tried to access the TalkTalk's EchoLife HG520s router by typing 192.1638.1.1 into the address bar and, as expected, it asks for a usermname and password.

I've tried 'admin' for both but they're not working - I'm prsuming someone had reset them in the past.

If I use the reset button on the back of the router will this restore the router back to its factory settings and enable me to use the admin username/password so that I can get this set up properly and secure their system?

Thanks in advance for any help

J

Like this post
TonyW2

Likes # 0

Yes, but make sure you have all the info needed to set up the router afterwards. ( eg Talktalk user name and password). The reset button must be depressed for about 10-20 secs, or it just reboots on old settings.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...