We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Incomplete web page load

Sealer
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi I seem to have lost a paticular web page (incomplete load) somehow this wont load for me anymore http://www.dishpointer.com/

If you look at this page you will possibly see a list of satellites under "your location" and "Most Popular Satellites..."

This wont work for me it just stays trying to load the list of satellites; the page loads apart from that.

I have plenty of memory and have used this page before only last week it was fine....what could i have done?

Any help would be great

Like this post
Sealer

Likes # 0

Sorry Guys: More info

CPU AMD Athlon 2100 MHz (6.25 x 336) 2800+

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition OS Service Pack Service Pack 3 Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702 System Memory 2560 MB (DDR SDRAM)

Like this post
Sealer

Likes # 0

Sorry Guys, A little more info for you.

Computer
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition OS Service Pack Service Pack 3 Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

Motherboard CPU Type AMD Athlon XP-A, 2100 MHz (6.25 x 336) 2800+ Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-7VT600(-L) (5 PCI, 1 AGP, 3 DIMM, Audio) Motherboard Chipset VIA VT8377 Apollo KT600 System Memory 2560 MB (DDR SDRAM)

Remember I have used that website before with no probs

Cheers

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

Sealer, those system-hardware specs aren't going to help us solve your problem.

Rather than ask you again to carry out those diagnostics tests I mentioned, you may find that an XP system restore will fix all those problems you've reported. Here's what you need to do:

Go to Start -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore. Pick a date on the calendar that's in bold type that immediately pre-dates your problem. Try not to go further back than you need to. If it doesn't help or gives unexpected results then you can go back in and undo that restore.

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

Sealer, those system-hardware specs aren't going to help us solve your problem.

Rather than ask you again to carry out those diagnostics tests I mentioned, you may find that an XP system restore will fix all those problems you've reported. Here's what you need to do:

Go to Start -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore. Pick a date on the calendar that's in bold type that immediately pre-dates your problem. Try not to go further back than you need to. If it doesn't help or gives unexpected results then you can go back in and undo that restore.

Like this post
Sealer

Likes # 0

Secret-Squirrel, Ya not going to believe this, I have tried system restore..Not working..fcuk

I found other issues that are now starting to worry me somewhat; Lots of pages no loading, cant use page setup on web pages, network playing up to name just a couple!!!

Anyway I remembered saving my registry several days ago before I ran a regestry cleaner. Merged the old Reg with the new Reg and BINGO!

Why I didnt think of that before bothering you guys I will never know!

Oh yes System Restore is also working again.

Thanks for all your input

Mo

Like this post  
Sealer

Likes # 0

SS also ran the "browser test" all is fine now thanks

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

Thanks for the feedback Sealer :)

If you haven't already done so, I'd recommend you carry out a System Restore as it'll re-instate a complete Registry that you know to be good. The reason I recommend that is because you've merged old Registry keys with you current Registry and that could lead to all sorts of future problems.

Like this post
Sealer

Likes # 0

SS

What about programs that have been uninstalled since my last restore point?

Or is this a whole new thread?

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

Sealer, you're only using System Restore to go back a week or so - there can't be that many changes - can there? If you find that those uninstalled programs have been restored or partially restored then you could always remove them again.

I take your point however, but like I said earlier today, if the restore creates a whole new set of issues then go back in and undo it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia