We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Incomplete web page load

Sealer
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi I seem to have lost a paticular web page (incomplete load) somehow this wont load for me anymore http://www.dishpointer.com/

If you look at this page you will possibly see a list of satellites under "your location" and "Most Popular Satellites..."

This wont work for me it just stays trying to load the list of satellites; the page loads apart from that.

I have plenty of memory and have used this page before only last week it was fine....what could i have done?

Any help would be great

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Works Ok for me.link text

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

When webpages suddenly start misbehaving like that the first thing to try is a hard refresh by pressing CTRL+F5.

If that doesn't work, and you're using IE, then close all browser windows, go to Control Panel -> Internet Options, delete your Temporary Internet Files then try the site again.

Like this post
Sealer

Likes # 0

Thanks Secret-Squirrel, Been there done that, also checked privacy and security but still not sorted.

Did you go look at page?

If so you will have seen a spinning gif and speed/java message before you get the satellite list.....(not the dropdown)

thats where i get stuck

cheers

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 1

Yes, I did look at your page, and like buteman, it rendered just fine.

I can replicate your problem by disabling "Active Scripting" in IE's security settings for the Internet zone. I know you say you've checked that section but confirm that scripting is enabled. You could also of course reset that zone to its default level.

If that doesn't help then try this browser test. Does it report any problems? If so, what are they?

Have you tried an alternative browser? If you have and it behaves the same way then whatever security software you're running could be blocking JavaScript so check its settings, or if possible, temporarily disable it for testing purposes.

Let us know how you get on.

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

.....forgot to mention above that another useful test is to try the "No Add-ons" version of IE. If your site works in that mode than the culprit is likely to be a third-party add-on.

Like this post
Sealer

Likes # 0

Secret-Squirrel,

Your browser test only gives me a banner at the top of page all the rest is white (nothing loads)

Also tried Active Scripting... no change

Hmmm!

Like this post
Sealer

Likes # 0

Tried no addons, nothing good here!

Strangly enough: Tried to download google Chrome but it wont let me accept (terms) and install. Tried several times!!

How bizzarre

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

There are clearly some bizarre things going on.

The browser test thingy should display a page showing various items such as JavaScript, Java, and Flash etc with either a green tick or a red X depending on whether that feature's working or not.

As you got exactly the same behaviour in IE's no add-ons version then it would appear that IE's broken. That doesn't however explain your Google Chrome problem.

As a final test, restart your PC in "Safe Mode with Networking" and try all those things again. That'll help determine whether all your issues are caused by a Windows/IE problem or whether something in normal boot mode is interfering with things.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Just to let you know that Secret-Squirel's browser test worked for me.It was mainly down to Flash and java tests which were ticked.

So maybe you need to update your Flash and Java programs.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

I copied Pasted the Address into a browser Page, Flock Browser using Firefox Engine and it loaded fully. It may be the Browser you are using

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...