We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Photosmart C7280

Spr

Likes # 0

I have been all day trying to install HP Photosmart C7280. I’m having a problem while the printer is working fine. HP Solution Centre is when I click scan picture I get “Unable to communicate with HP scanning software check it has been installed Correctly”

Or hpqscnvw.exe cannot be found I have been onto HP problem site but cannot find the answer.

Does anyone know of the programme you can download that will remove everything associated to C7280 so I can install from new.

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Evo uninstaller its free http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Sorry forgot this stupis PCA setup for linkslink text

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Revo will uninstall unwanted programs, but be careful and follow the instructions.

HP have (or had!) a live chatline, which someone will provide advice if you cannot resolve the problem.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Load your HP software disc but don't run it.

Use File Explorer to navigate to a file called "L2 Uninstall" I think it's in the "Utils" folder, and run it.

Then manually delete any HP stuff that is left - make sure you get it all, otherwise it will fool the system into thinking the programme is still installed (as you've already found out!)

Then reinstall from scratch.

You may find you have to carry out this procedure more than once, as the install may hang at 96%.

If it does, don't try any sort of recovery - go back to L3 uninstall and start again.

With luck it won't take up the whole of your weekend!

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Hence the suggestion to use Revo it will do that in minutes

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Never has done for me, but perhaps it works on some versions of the software.

I have found that, on four different HP MFDs, using a normal uninstaller leaves stuff behind, even after using a registry cleaner like Ccleaner or similar.

Maybe spr will be lucky.

My L3 suggestion did, initially, come from the HP chatline, now defunct for UK users, which spuds suggested.

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Ok but I think that is as you say an HP thing as Its never failed me on numerous software .

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 launch event live: Windows 9 launch live blog - find out first as the new Windows is...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK