We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

No Restore Points??

paul654

Likes # 0

I'm having a problem with my PC, it intermitently turns itself off and back on again. Its not an overheat problem, sometimes it does it when its only been on a minute or two...whilst trying to rectify this i decided to do a system restore, but to my suprise it says 'No restore points have been created on your computers system drive'. I am totally baffled. system restore is switched on, it just isnt creating restore points. (before anyone asks, I'm not dual booting, I'm just running windows 7), any ideas?

Windows 7 64bit, Core [email protected] Ghz, 4Gb ram

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Try running in safe mode to see if it works ok.

Then maybe click on last good configuration or system repair.

or maybe try this.

1. Turn off computer ,then turn on and start tapping F8
  2. When the Advanced startup options appear Select Safe mode With Networking
  3. Open internet explorer goto google.com ,download Hitman pro "32-bit or 64-bit depending on your Os"
  4. Run Hitman pro ,let this scan the computer
  5. Activate Free Licence
  6. Reboot Pc
Like this post
paul654

Likes # 0

Still no answer to my problem...Why isn't my PC creating any restore points?!!!? Tried Googling this and cant seem to come up with a fix. Any suggestions ?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

May be a virus stopping it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more