We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Advent 4213 Audio

njstewart

Likes # 0

Hi everyone , I have an Advent 4213 netbook. A while ago i had to re-install windows xp but I didnt get any support discs with it. I had windows xp anyway and installed it but i didnt have any of the drivers. i found most of them but i cant get audio. I know its a realtek alc662 soundcard and i got the drivers for it but i still dont get sound. if i go to control panel and into audio everything is greyed out. It would be great it anyone can help. this has been driving me crazy for months.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Go into control panel - system - hardware - device manager

do you have a red circle or exclamation mark against the Audio driver?

Like this post
njstewart

Likes # 0

Hi , no there doesnt seem to be any red cicles or exclamation marks. In device manager there is the sound, video and game controllers part is that where you mean....either way theres no red circles etc on anything.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Open sound, video and game controllers

have you got the audio drivers loaded?

Like this post
njstewart

Likes # 0

when i expand sound, video and game controllers there are the following ; audio codecs legacy audio drivers legacy video capture media control device video codecs

I do have the audio driver and i installed it and it restarted the computer but i dont see it in the list. Also i cant even get the volume control window. ive seen on google the way of going to run then services.msc etc but that didnt work.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: 30 September marked for unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014