We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New Updates For WinPatrol+Winaso

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

There are new updates for Winaso Optimizer and WinPatrol for those that use them.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Just running privacy cleaner in Winaso and so far it has found 745mb to remove and has still got a fair bit to scan yet.

It seems to be a very high proportion to remove so starting to get a bit worried.

Scan Finished and Overall removal 813.55Mb this includes 719.60Mb from Internet cache.

Well time to remove them I think with fingers crossed.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Well Quite a few changes in Winaso and the Optimizer has also had a dramatic change. So ran most things and was a bit worried about the outcome but rebooted and everything ok except the appearance of Firefox which has changed.

As I use Firefox I will say it has probably changed for the good for me anyhow.

So any of you others that have Winaso downloaded let us know how you get on with the new version.

At the moment a thumbs up from me.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Ok A Few problems with Firefox since using the new version of Winaso.Some web sites do not open properly.

So maybe those that use Firefox as their main Browser may be best waiting to see what the problem is before running Winaso.

I have tried I/E and found no problems on that yet.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

thanks

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Ok I found the problem in Firefox to be with My Favorites and I just had to refresh the page for it to work Ok.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Well things still not right with Firefox some web pages will not open properly.For instance Amazon Uk.But Amazon Us will open ok.

So any Firefox users maybe best waiting to see if things improve before downloading the new version.

Everything seems to work Ok on I/E.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

buteman ran the reg cleaner in winaso still had to set it to avoid hp printer entries found in error, been like this for years winaso never fixed it.

also ran privacy cleaner and deep reg defrag...all ok

checked firefox after reading your post that is all ok too [on 32bit w7]

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

sunnystaines.

Thanks for the info.I have the 64bit version of W/7 so not sure if that is the problem.

I updated to the new versions of flash player thinking it was that.

Does amazon Uk open Ok for you in Firefox and are you using the 4.01 version.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I should have added it was mostly the odd programs that I had in favorites that was giving me problems, but even the web page for Amazon would not open properly.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

buteman

just had a look around amazon uk in firefox 4.01 all ok.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote