We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

free anti virus

firebirdb

Likes # 0

which is the best truly free "Anti-Virus" download

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

In my opinion Avast followed by AVG

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

avg?

johnny

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

MSE

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

I'd suggest it depends on what you want to run it in.

For a low powered computer such as a Netbook, I'd suggest Avira AntiVir; for a powerful Windows 7 PC, there is Microsoft Security Essentials. Otherwise, there are Avast and AVG, of which I prefer Avast, although it can cause a mediocre PC to slow down quite noticeably.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Avast gets my vote.

Like this post
FatboySlim71

Likes # 0

After using Avira for a few years. I have to say that in my opinion there is no better free anti virus program. But other people will say otherwise.

Avira Free Anti Virus

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Avast

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Avira...and it's not just suitable for low end computer. Just low footprint.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

MSE

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

If you deal with Barclays,the full Kaspersky Commercial Edition is free for 12 months. I relied on MSE for twelve months and then it let a load of nasties in a week ago which I am still trying to get rid of.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon, Argos, eBay,...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers