We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows live mail

Daiol

Likes # 0

Hi.Running windows 7 and using windows live mail,Was working fine until today seemed to have lost all my emails,Also had subfolders ie Orders,Vital info,My Family etc.I had a backup in my documents but cannot find a way to get them all back,At the moment I just have my email address and under that Inbox.Sent.Deleted.draft.But all are empty. Help please.daiol.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

I have this problem continually with Windows live mail , that's why I run Thunderbird as well.

Download/install thunderbird and you will get all your e-mails.

Go onto Windows Live Mail helproom site, (Top right hand corner little blue link) that will take you there.

You will probably find that after a while the system corrects itself but not always.

Like this post
Daiol

Likes # 0

Well thanks for your answer.I did get round it eventually but it was a bit of a bldy headache,I imported the emails from my backup but could not find them eventually cam across **sub folders and my emails were in there. is that the way that wlm is supposed to work??. What a nightmare. thanks,d,

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

That's NOT the way it's supposed to work, I am still hoping to get a reply on their helproom but so far there are many complaints and no fixes for its unreliability.

Meanwhile Consumers Association Computing Which voted it far and away the best mail program out of half a dozen.

I am drawing this problem to their attention.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July