We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

BT Openzone

collinsc

Likes # 0

Hi When my laptop is unable to connect to the SKY network it automatically tries to send me to the BT Openzone network (and i assume get me to sign up!). Can i stop this from happening?

Also, can i remove all other networks from the list? I will only ever use my network in my area.

Thanks

Like this post
collinsc

Likes # 0

thanks

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

Your Laptop should list all of the Available Wireless Networks, but it shouldn't try to connect automatically to any other than your own. When you first connected to your own network (router), a 'profile' will have been saved so that future connections are automatic. If you've never connected to the BT Openzone network, and thus saved a 'profile' for it, the Laptop shouldn't try to connect to it.

Check the list of wireless networks that Windows has saved and, if necessary, delete the one for BT Openzone.

Like this post
collinsc

Likes # 0

Found it, thanks, BTFON was there, but i definitley didnt add it. Resolved.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

As this thread is resolved I can ask this question.

My Contract with Virgin Media may be about to be terminated shortly.

Now trying to fix my Granddaughters computer her wireless connection kept trying to go into BT Openzone.

So just posing the question is BT Openzone available for all, and what type of download speeds are we talking about,And is there a limit to how much you can use.And of course how much it costs.

Is it only open to mobile phone users or anyone.

Like this post
daz60

Likes # 0

link text Info here. I used it myself quite a while back,don't know if it has improved but i found it very frustrating with the connection failing constantly.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

daz60.

Ok thanks for that having a quick look round I think I will give it a miss

Just thought that maybe it could come in handy.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?