We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Laptop beep please help..

chcnorris29

Likes # 0

Hello, My laptop is a HP Probook 4510s and every time i turn this on it beeps once then after a small period of time it then beeps twice and then a continuousness beep that changes in tone after a second and then continues until I press a key on my keyboard... There are 4 keys that I know do not work on the keyboard but all others work fine and I think this is the case of some of the beeps but not the others so please can you advise. Thanks

Like this post
chcnorris29

Likes # 0

sorry i forgot to mention that i have an audio recording of the beeps if you need it so just and and i will send you it... Thanks again

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Sounds like a stuck key. As you have others not working, consider a new keyboard (the link icon is missing so follow this )http://www.ecrater.co.uk/p/9806981/hp-probook-4510-4510s-4710s-4750s

Easy to change, service manual http://tim.id.au/laptops/hp/hp%20probook%204410s%204411s%204510s.pdf

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Like this post
chcnorris29

Likes # 0

tar

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...