We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Vista to Win7 Upgrade

ventanas

Likes # 0

I still have one two year old laptop running Vista Home Premium and have decided to to move it to Win7, (have just bought the upgrade disc). My two other machines are running 64bit Win7. This laptop is running a dual core processor, so I suppose I go for the 32bit version. I have run the compatibility test and all seems ok, except for a number of drivers which I have got from the manufacturers website, and an older version of Acronis, which I will get rid of. Basically is there anything else I should be aware of. I intend to go straight over the top of Vista and not do a clean install. The laptop has had little use, so not much clutter. Nothing to back up really, it's only used away from the house tethered to a camera through Lightroom. Grateful for any advice.

Like this post
mimosa418

Likes # 0

I suggest you go ahead as planned. I did a similar installation some time ago when Win7 first became available and have never had any problem.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S6 release date, features and specs rumours: When will the Galaxy S6 come out?

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...