We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Pareto Health check advice

Trikie

Likes # 0

Having problems with Outlook Express Error Number: 0x8007000E. There seem to be multiple possible reasons and being very non technical I have installed Pareto Health Check.

The scan shows 500+ problems, the cost to register it and clear them is £19.97. Is this a reputable programme and worth the money?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Never heard of it. Is it worth the money - probably not. Many of these programs claim to find lots of problems. I think that a cheaper and better option is to seek the advice of this forum about the snag.

Like this post
Trikie

Likes # 0

Thanks Woolwell,

The forum was my initial thought but I wondered whether the advice might be over my head. However, let's give it a go. The full error message is

An attempt to allocate memory failed. The system is out of memory. Account: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk', Server: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x8007000E

I can send but not receive. I've been using Virgin webmail for incoming mail but OE has put 185 old ones into my inbox. I delete them and they reapper next time I open up. I have emptied the sent and deleted folder items that were there when the error message first showed.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

I wouldn't trust that programmes. I'd also post exactly what problem you have with OE rather than just the error code.

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

onthelimit1 is right, that you should be very cautious with this one. There are some programs about which invent troubles and even download a trojan virus while pretending to clear such things.

I suggest you

1) uninstall this software

2) describe what was troubling you beforehand

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

Sorry, Finger trouble.

3) as an added precaution download the free version of Malwarebytes saving it on a separate drive. Then reboot in Safe Mode and run Malwarebytes from the seperate drive.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Virgin have recently upgraded the security on the Blueyonder accounts and you need to do the following:

This looks as if you are using Outlook to Access Virgin mail, if so you need to do the following>

Open Outlook Express, goto Tools, Accounts,Properties, Advanced.

Tick the boxes for Port in & Port out (Top 2 boxes)

Change (if not already changed ports to OUT 465 IN 995

Then goto Servers and tick the box ' My server requires authorisation'( Bottom Box)

Then try accessing you email again.

Terry

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Nothing much on Google. Certainly no glowing endorsements that I saw.

If I were you I'd get rid of it. There are plenty of programs available which will do the same job Free.

No program worth it's salt needs to advertise by putting the frighteners on you in this way. It certainly wouldn't have to if it were The Real McCoy.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Some views on the Pareto Logic offerings (assuming that's the same company) read here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote