We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

+++ very slow start-up +++

pcdimwit
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have an acer laptop with windows XP media centre OS, it has become VERY VERY slow to start up and when the password log in page appears it just stays there when the password is entered (doesnt automatically load the windows etc.,) I have shut it down and restarted it and it shows a blue page saying that the C drive needs to be checked and starts to check it, then it will open but only VER VERY Slowly, I have done an anti-malwarebytes full scan and the registry CCleaner scan - I dont use this laptop often - but it is becoming a big problem, what do you think can be wrong? the taskbar doesnt show Microsoft security essentials that I am using but does show the Avast antivirus I am using. Cant imagine what can be causing this. Thanks PCDIMWIT

Like this post
pcdimwit

Likes # 0

GREAT!!! that terrible Acer flash screensaver with the annoying music has stopped now!! (I'm not sure exactly what to delete fromt he long list that the decrapifier brought up so just deleted the Acer screensaver) Thanks PCDIMWIT

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...