We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

lost conection

March Wind

Likes # 0

I have lost the internet on my Windows7 laptop. The reason is because I was using my sisters internet and she did not know and switched off. could you help please

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

'sisters internet and she did not know and switched off.'

Switched what off? If it's the router, turn it on again. A bit more explanation may help.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

ISP? type of router?

you probably need to reinsert you passkey for your wireless connection

Like this post
March Wind

Likes # 0

No She did not know I was using her internet. She lives next door and I do not have to tell her if I am on the net but looks as if I will have to in furture. The intertnet gets turned off in their house. I have told them not to do this but they always do so this is how I lost my connections. Yes the router was turnd off. Ofcause it is on now as I am using there PC.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Of course you will loose connection if the router you are connecting to is switched off - there is nothing you can do about this aprt from get your own BB installed in your house.

If your sister is using a wireless connection I hope she has her wireless network secure otherwise anyone in the immediate area could be using it never mind hacking into her PC.

Like this post
March Wind

Likes # 0

I am a vistor for a few days at a time I do have my own internet where I live. The internet is now on as I am on her PC I have my Laptop next to me but I cannot get on the net with it. The capablility is turnd off. I would like to turn it on again. But have not had much luck I have back dated the laptop but still no luck so I have gone back to todays date

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

What operating system? XP Vista W7?

You will need to reinsert her routers passkey (if her router is secured)

Like this post
March Wind

Likes # 0

Looking at my old posts

Fruit Bat. What do you mean by this? If your sister is using a wireless connection I hope she has her wireless network secure. I can use her Internet because her daughter put something on my Laptop. I think it was a number that was under her router, so I don't think any one can use her PC. Tell me do you think I am correct

Like this post
March Wind

Likes # 0

x

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Not got much of a clue about laptops and wireless but does your laptop pick up any other Wireless signals. And if it picks up your sisters signal you may have to put the security code in for it to work again.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...