We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Comodo Uninstall

jim63

Likes # 0

Comodo is only showing in start in Msconfig nowhere else. It is disabled but I wish to uninstall it but unable to find in anywhere else. Its not in add/remove programmes

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Would normally be uninstalled from Add/ remove

In the comodo folder can you fin a file that is called uninstall or unwise?

Like this post
jim63

Likes # 0

Afraid there is nothing not even in All Programmes. Tried search but shows nothing just in Msconfig

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

No comodo folder? Would suspect its in program files on the C: drive.

Are you sure its just disabled and not removed?

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Have you tried Agentransack

It is sometimes more thorough than a Win search. I always use Revo Unistaller for removing programmes. Gets right down deep, but if not showing in All Progs it wont find anything at this stage. I had a hard job a couple of years ago trying to uninstall Comodo.

Like this post
jim63

Likes # 0

Found it in programes and Agentransack Deleted and its in recycle bin but still i msconfig. I have tried to install an update but because comodo is on pc it will not install. I'll see if it has disappeared when I reboot

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

I think you will need to clean the registry use CCleaner registry tool here its the safest registry cleaner around.

Like this post
jim63

Likes # 0

Did a registry clean and it has gone. Thanks to all for your help

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more