We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HGV Man

HGV MAN

Likes # 0

I have an Epson PX650 printer which is ok at the moment but I have heard that after a lot of cleaning of the heads the ink tank gets fill and stops the printer from working.Is it possible to empty the tank and start printing again Thanks for any info

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

This can take a very long time, so few people ever really get there.

However these folk may be able to help Fix your own Printer

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

I've had a few Epsons over the years and have never got to that stage with them.

Also a title explaining the problem might get more responces than just your forum name.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

With a lot of printers, when you turn them off, they run through a print cycle on restarting to ensure the heads are ready. This is a good idea, however it wastes a lot of ink (which is money).

If you are goint to use your printer daily then leave it on, it should automaticly go into econony mode however if you are going to use very occasionly (i.e. Once a week) you may be better turning it on when you need it.

Terry

Like this post
HGV MAN

Likes # 0

Thanks for the info lets hope I don't need to repair it for a while Graham.

Like this post
Colonel Graham

Likes # 0

Eh? Did someone call?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

If there is a Plate at the back of the Printer near the Print Head End take it out and look for a waste pipe inside the hole, this can be extended to go into a external container then use the SSC tool to reset the printer so that it works again

link text

Reset and Tank Read down at the bottom of the page link text link text

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Only last Like works for the Reset tool

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Samsung's best ever smartphones...

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

Apple 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review and the mystery of the processor benchmarks