We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

MEDIA PLAYER 12

SECTION31

Likes # 0

Running W7.

Just lately when playing MP3's in WMP 12 each track will skip or jump a second towards the end. The funny thing is that the skip happens at the same place each time - about 30 seconds before the end of the track! It does noy matter how long the track is its always 30 seconds from the end.

Any suggestions anyone?

Like this post
SECTION31

Likes # 0

Still not solved this. I have been playing my music through Media Centre and they all play ok. I guess the problem must lie with Media Player 12 somewhere. Any help would be most appreciated

Like this post
SECTION31

Likes # 0

Hello guys!

The problem still exists but as I have tried to fix it the exact details have changed from my previous post so I have described it again below :-

emphasized textI have a problem that has totally perplexed me! In the last few weeks the music tracks, mostly MP3’s, that I play using either Media Player or Media Centre have started to skip or jump for a fraction of a second about 20 seconds from the end of the track. It does not matter what the length of the track is the jump or skip is always about 20 seconds form the end.

The strange thing is that if I select a single track to play the track completes without the skip or jump but if a play the same track as part of a pre made play list or as a potential new play list, (i.e. a collection of random songs not yet saved as a play list), the skip or jump returns.

I tried sending a selection of tracks to my portable MP3 player and all tracks played ok both individually and as a playlist.

Would you have any ideas what could be causing the skip/jump?

Thanks for your help.

I am running Windows 7 on a five year Mesh desktop. I keep the computer squeaky clean and all of my drivers are up to date, (I use DriverMax).

Cheers,

Colin Bulman

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite