We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Skype problem

kimtrnc

Likes # 0

I have given up on trying to fix a problem with Skype - keeps going round in circles. The problem: I have 2 skype names - a redundant one (kimig1, which I have not used for years) and the one I now use regularly (kimpavey, which holds my credit and all my contacts) Skype will only allow me to access the "old" name. The "kimpavey" account shows in My Account, and I eventually managed to retrieve my credit, but I am totally unable to access the kimpavey account withing Skype itself. Would like to have my credit back, if possible, but ESSENTIAL that I use this account, because it has all my precious contacts. Please can anyone help?

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Odd -I have several Skype accts for different members of the family on the same email address. What happens when you try to log in? Message?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

make sure that you are logged out of the old account.

Like this post
kimtrnc

Likes # 0

I wish I had known that it was as simple as that - thanks for the logout tip. Now, how do I get rid of the unwanted account without shaking everything else out, please?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

May not be possible see How to delete Skype name

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...