We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Contents in Browsers

Nikita Shah

Likes # 0

Hey, I hav created a website using Php, But wen i open it in Internet explorer some of the CSS part doesn't appear& and wen i open it in Mozilla Firefox, it same as what i have designed...

Can anyone let me know why is this so?

Like this post
Nikita Shah

Likes # 0

Nopes this site is not live yet. But it may be by June end!

Like this post
Nikita Shah

Likes # 0

But if IE does it by default wen it is not a Live site. But if it is Live are their contents displayed properly??

Like this post
Nikita Shah

Likes # 0

Okay fine. The other thing, I have used a property in CSS called as rounded corners. So the same thing happens ; wen i open it in Mozilla the rounded corners appear properly.

And when i open it in IE it appears in square form only.

So i want to ask that is rounded corner property enabled for all browsers or only for Mozilla. I have mentioned in my CSS this way.

main{

background:#FF6699; width:900px; height:400px; border-radius:10px; }

This code is working properly for Mozilla, not for IE and Opera.

Please suggest something!

Like this post
Nikita Shah

Likes # 0

Ya Hopefully!!!

Like this post
adam32

Likes # 0

Vendor prefixes, Nikita.

They are used by browser developers to implement CSS3 properties in development builds before they are confident of meeting the CSS3 spec and/or achieving a reliable bug-free render.

Gradually, each vendor introduces support for the spec property (sans prefix) and, later, eventually removes support for the vendor prefix. This is a gradual process and varies between vendors and rendering engines.

But to implement CSS3 properties reliably, efficiently (only the necessary code), and with maximum compatibility is very easy. If, at any time, you cant recall which browsers and engines support each CSS3 property, use prefixes, or have no support, just check out css3please.com. That always shows the status quo.

Don't sweat the absence of some style elements in some browsers: that's part of graceful degradation, or "do what we can to support the IE community while doing what we really want for everyone else..." Just make 100% certain that no part of your CSS fails in a way that hurts usability, legibility, or accessibility. OK?

(I am amazed, though, that no-one else at this forum has told you this already.)

Like this post
Ansolan

Likes # 0

Hi

For local development, you might try adding this tag directly below the doctype:

(with proper comment tags, not possible here)

Not a cure for everything but can help.

On the other issues, as helpfully mentioned, not all browsers treat many things the same. There are ways round most situations e.g. for rounded corners:

http://www.cssplay.co.uk/boxes/four_cornered.html or http://www.html.it/articoli/niftycube/index.html

Or just settle for graceful degradation and the reality of browsers.

Like this post
Ansolan

Likes # 0

Even without tags the code disappeared, just search for Mark of the Web on Google.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Or just settle for graceful degradation and the reality of browsers.

I might add that to ensure graceful degradation you should be careful with your use of client-side programming such as Javascript, Java, and Shockwave Flash. If you are set on using these, make sure you provide an alternative.

As for Mark Of The Web (MOTW) mentioned by Ansolan take a look at this

Like this post
Nikita Shah

Likes # 0

hey Ansolan thanx for the stuff!!!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

7 coolest 3D-printed objects: Body parts, houses, camera lenses and even pizza

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks