We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Recover Photos from corrupt SD Card

raysophie

Likes # 0

I have a 2gb SD card which has photos on it . I inserted it into the wrong slot on my card reader and it must have blown up card. When I put it in the correct slot the small indicator light flashes but the computer cannot read it, when in the camera it says 'Memory Card Error Please check the card' I tried a recovery program from the internet which scanned the card and said there were no recoverable files,(when I uninstalled this program it messed up my computer so am reluctant to try any others. Is there any way that these photos can be recovered ? Thanks Ray

Like this post
raysophie

Likes # 0

Thanks tried this but unable to read 'J' drive which has the SD carc in it, read all other drives OK.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

I assume you have tried to read it from the camera?

If the photo's are important to you, you may have to go to a shop (like Jessops)and ask them to recover them for you, however there will be a charge- How much - No Idea, Ask.

Terry

Like this post
raysophie

Likes # 0

Will try Jessops tomorrow but do ot hold out too much hope as I cannot read card on camera or computer, did read somewhere that the card can be take to bits and read but that does seem a bit of an absolute last resort.

Like this post
daz60

Likes # 0

I wonder if you can look into these. Never tried them myself but they look useful. link text

link text

advantage is they are not installed on your machine.

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

I have used this with some success, it's free and Norton has scanned it and declared it OK.

link text

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

This little direct download is generally excellent at recovering images from cards, exactly what it was intended for.

http://www.rcc-ltd.co.uk/CampicRestor.zip

Recovered images can be found in the programs own folder, or you could create a New Folder on your Desktop and direct the program to use that new folder as the Destination.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Were Jessops of any help ?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Fire HD 6 is a really good value tablet. The Amazon Fire HD 7 isn't. Amazon Fire HD 6 and...

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

ACLU's Halloween-themed animation warns of dangers of ignoring threats to your privacy

IDG UK Sites

20 lesser-known tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert