We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

D Link wireless USB adapter

shelz4

Likes # 0

I have recently purchased a USB adapter, I have installed everything and it has connected to the wireless router sucsesfully, but stil wont get a signal higher than 20% and wont let me go on to the internet?? Please help.

Like this post
dawood

Likes # 0

Most likely you did not connect this USB wireless adapter successfully to wireless router, check out this wireless network troubleshooting tips article, maybe could give you more ideas.

Hope this helps.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

How far are you from the router? What is in between? Try changing the wireless channel.

Like this post
shelz4

Likes # 0

um im about 25 metres away. n theres a garage in between, could this be the problem?? how would i change what channel its on???. the signal usually is only 9% and ive tried everything and moved closer but didnt change the signal strength??

Like this post
TonyW2

Likes # 0

If you can connect to the router, then it should be OK as the wireless part of the connection does not determine whether you can access the internet. So check that connection. You may actually be connecting to some other network. Use the router access code (192.168.2.1 or whatever your make is) and get into the router settings.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

How to watch the Windows 9 launch event: no live video stream so catch our Windows 9 launch live...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK