We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

i player - adobe problems

jaberwokey

Likes # 0

Hi there

I am currently experiencing problems with i player (although i am sure it is a wider issue). Wwhen i fire up bbc a program normally cebeebies it starts and then freezes but sound continues. function buttons also don't seem to work and volume is low and cannot be raised. After i little while when i player is running as above the following message appears "A script in this movie is causing Adobe Flash player 10 to run slowly. If you continue to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort script"? I have selected yes and the program runs ok but the volume, full screen etc options sometimes will not work.

A computer user but only in offive environment so step by step appreciated

Regards

HHS

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Can you confirm you have Adobe Flash 10 installed and not an earlier version

Like this post
jaberwokey

Likes # 0

Hi there

Thanks for response..

I think i am on 9, i have tried downloading 10 but get lots of gobble de gook fail messages which i guess are associated with the main problem??

Sorry for slow response, have a 3 yr old who does not seem to like sleep unlike me!

Regards

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

7 coolest 3D-printed objects: Body parts, houses, camera lenses and even pizza

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks