We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Graphic Card Help

Teddy Jeff

Likes # 0

I have just bought a small camcorder that records video in HD but my computer will not run the HD files do I require another Graphic card? The computer has a Asus P5G41T-MLX2/GB Motherboard with a 3.20 Gh Inter Pentium Dual-Core 64Kb Primary Memory Cache 64 Bit ready Processor.4Gb of ram is fitted. I am not into graphic cards so I would be greatful for any help anyone can give me on what to buy.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Download and run this Belarc it will tell you what graphics card you have, then post back.

Like this post
Teddy Jeff

Likes # 0

Thanks Gengiscant This is what is printed in Belarc Adcisor

Display

Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset (display Adapter)

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

If this is your motherboard Mobo and Belarc is showing what you have posted then it looks as though you have not got a separate graphics card and you are using the on-board graphics. So the question is how much do you have to spend as you will need to buy a card. If your not a gamer then something like this will do Graphics or this graphics but there are plenty of others, it depends on what you want to pay etc.

Like this post
Teddy Jeff

Likes # 0

Thank you gengiscant I will order a card now, are they easy to fit?

regards

Ted

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Yes very simple, have a look here.How to Your motherboard manual will help you can get that here manual

Like this post
Teddy Jeff

Likes # 0

gengiscant Thank you very much for all your help I am waiting delivery of a graphic card and I have watched the two links you give me and it looks easy to fit the card. Best regards

Ted

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

If you have any problems do not hesitate to ask, it will probably look a little daunting the first time.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...