We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sonicstage on Windows 7

tburchell

Likes # 0

Hello, I am trying to use my SONY mp3 player on a new laptop running WINDOWS 7. My MP3 player uses sonicstage which, although installs does not seem to run, it keeps saying I need to log in as an admin, which I am. Is there anything I can do about this? I also have itunes on my laptop, which I use for my ipod. Is it possible to use itunes for both devices? Any help would be much appreciated. Kind Regards, Tim.

Like this post
373Bob

Likes # 0

Bit late and not really very helpful, but I have found that Sonicstage 4.3 loads and kind of runs on my Windows 7 64 bit computer. What I mean by kind of runs is that the program opens up and runs but will olny let me use it for CD burning and not the "net MD Walkman" for which i have used it for in the past on my old XP computer to produce mini disc recordings. The major problem, sa I understand it, is that there are no 64bit drivers available for the mini disc recorders and therefore, as they can't be recognised by the computer system Sonicstage is not able to "see" them and therefore cannot give the option of recording to mini disc. This is as I see it at the moment and I don't see any change happening as SONY (Bless 'em!!!!!!!)have stated that they are no longer producing or supporting this format. (Did they ever really support it?) If anyone has any further information on mini disc drivers it would be useful

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

Come together to learn: the secrets of the best design talks, conferences and courses