We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Blue screen of death.

SJM_81

Likes # 0

I'm trying to fix my next door neighbors laptop but every time I try to start the pc up, it cuts of.

What can I do? I think Ive made the laptop worse. All i did was download updates.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

What does the Blue screen of death say? code numbers?

What operating system? XP, Vista, or 7?

Like this post
SJM_81

Likes # 0

Windows vista and It switches before I get chance to read it.

I noticed cache dump

Thanks

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

In passing, just make sure that the airways are clear of gunge

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Can you start up in Normal SAFE mode?

If so, it is possibly a driver that is the problem.Use the system restore to return to an earlier time.

If this is not possible, go back to safe mode and select VGA mode. This will start the computer in a very low resolution, with the minimum of drivers, and you can re-load the graphic drivers.

If this is not possible, you will need more advanced help, which may mean taking to an authorised repairer.

Terry

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...