We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Install a driver

ptrabant

Likes # 0

I had a problem with my laptop and had to wipe my pc harddrive. I have bought a ION slides to pc (usb lead slide converter)but need to download the drivers from the internet. Windows Vista cannot find the drivers so I have downloaded from the ION website but they have not automatically installed . I have tried to right click on the file but still not installed. The help on the website says open the files with ".zip" on the end and it will work but non have .zip !!!! Is there a totally FREE download that will open all downloaded files onto the PC ???? Is there any simple way to open the download ?

Thanks Paul

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

I have looked at the ION website and yes their drivers are in zip format so what you have downloaded are indeed zip files. Your computer may be set not to show extensions by default (most are) and you can change this via Control Panel, Appearance and Personalisation, Folder Options,View and untick Hide file extensions for known file types.

When you right click a zip file you should see a menu that includes the option to unzip the file using the command Extract All.... Click on this and extract to either the folder suggested or one that you create and know where it is. After the files have been extracted you should have a new file with an exe extension that you can double click on and use to install the driver.

Like this post
ptrabant

Likes # 0

Hi, I have followed the instructions but file now will not unzip . the message is now "problem with encription"

Any ideas ???

Thanks, Paul

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

I have just downloaded and tried out one of the drivers on this page to see what happens. I got a window headed Confirm Encryption Loss with the options for Yes Skip and Cancel and Do this for all items found. I ticked the Do This box and then clicked on Yes and all the files unzipped OK leaving me with a new folder in which were a PDF for Instructions and a folder containing lots of files for my 64 bit OS including one called Setup. I suggest that you look through the ION site, make sure that you have the correct model, download the zip file for the driver and try again while agreeing to confirm that there will be some encryption loss.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...