We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Word 2007 label - positioning query

sheila.weston

Likes # 0

I want to print a single label in Word 2007, using a page of Avery labels which are two across and seven down. Is it possible to position the label on the page ie as the labels are used up? The first time I select the 'single label' option,the top LH label prints, but for the next label with a different address I have to select print a sheet and stop the printer after it has started printing, so that only a few labels are printed. This obviously wastes a few labels each time. Surely there is a simpler way?

Thanks for any help.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

sheila.weston

If you have open the letter you want an addressed label for, Click on the Mailings icon in Word 2007, then Labels, click on the Single Label then choose the position on the page of labels you want to print. i.e. Row 1 Column 1. Equally so, if you just want a label, then bring up a blank document and go through the Mailings/Labels route again and type the address in the label window and pick the particular position of the label you have available in the sheet of labels.

Hope this helps.

TonyV

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

As I understand it you want to print a single label. First time top left and then gradually fill up the rest of the labels.

On mailings tab - Create - click on Labels. Then in the window that opens,select single label and then under that the row and column. Type in the name and address as required.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Cross posted.

Like this post
sheila.weston

Likes # 0

Many thanks, both. Obvious when you know how!

Apologies for the delay in replying. I don't get an email when someone replies for some reason.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote